The Greek-Roman Museum
Al Mesallah Sharq, Qesm Al Attarin, Alexandria Governorate, Egiptas
The Greek-Roman Museum was founded in 1892 and initially directed by Italian archeologists, like Giuseppe Botti, Evaristo Breccia and Achille Adriani, who contributed greatly to enrich its collections. The property is situated in the center of the city of Alexandria and consists of 27 rooms and gardens, where more than forty thousand archaeological finds are displayed, as Hellenic statues, busts of Roman emperors, sarcophagi, mummies, Tangara figurines and artifacts belonging to the first era of Christianity. The artefacts, dating from 331 BC (Founding of the city of Alexandria) to 640 (Arab conquest), are arranged chronologically in different sections arranged clockwise to suffer from the entrance.